Today I wanted to post a more personal blogpost, about my son. I adopted him in January 2017. His birthday is in June so he’s about a year old now! He is a short haired kitty who is white with black patches. His real name is Benjamin/Benji but he only listens to “Sunny” (he’s my son, duh!) I ended up adopting him completely by accident. I walked into Pet Smart one day and he won me over. I have never had a cat as a pet, so this was a huge deal for me. He was so adorable meowing through the glass and doing little tricks to catch my attention. He was merely a small little lap cat at this time.
Weeks passed by and I noticed that he had the sniffles and was sleeping to the point where it was concerning how knocked out he was. I also noticed that he hadn’t had his yearly shots yet so I decided to bring him into the vet. My poor little guy ended up having a respiratory infection as well as Giardi a condition developed when a feline drinks contaminated water that causes parasites to enter their system. Outraged that my son had developed this infection I immediately called Pet Smart to make them pay for the ridiculous amounts of medical bills I paid for him. It was no shock to me that they could care less about the situation.
I however am so grateful to have rescued my little guy and nurtured him back to good health. He has brought “Sunshine” into my life and has softened my heart to all animals!
Here are some before and after pictures of him:
The poor little guy had stained the inside of his paws from wiping his tear ducts too much when I first got him. He also slept anywhere and everywhere in all different positions.
Here he is cuddling with me and healthy as can be! The doc says he might grow a bit more, but for now we’re happy with our fun size fur baby! 🙂
And if these pictures didn’t Awwwwww you enough, here are my top reasons why you should adopt a pet:
- You’re potentially saving an animals life
- They are already spayed or neutered and up to date on their shots
- You can kind of pick the personality and age of your next pet
- It’s a quick and easy process at an affordable cost
- You get to love and nurture a life
Do you have any adopted pets? Send me stories I’d love to hear about you and your fur babies!
For the past year I have had the privilege to live in the beautiful and perfect city of Santa Barbara. I have laughed until I cried and cried until I laughed in this town, but I can honestly say that it is now time for me to move on from SB and create new adventures and learn more new things about myself.
Santa Barbara is a town made up of retirees and college students. There is no in between. I have learned while living here that I am no longer a young carefree college girl, that I need to move on from that binge drinking and partying chapter of my life. I also learned that these elderly people that are ever so fortunate to live here either came up in old money or worked very hard throughout their lives in order to get to where they are now. This motivated me the most.
I have made the decision to move on from this town to bigger and better cities where I can focus on my future and my dreams. I thank you SB for being the best city to live in through my transitionary stage of being a college kid to a young adult. It has motivated me, humbled me, and showed me new experiences.
Although I have only lived here for a year, I wanted to put together my list of things to do in Santa Barbara (or your future bucket list).
- Tour Mission Santa Barbara
- Tour the Art Museum on State Street
- Wine tasting in the Funkzone
- Tour the Santa Barbara Courthouse
- Attend Fiesta Days (Mid August parade)
- Attend Summer Solstice (Mid June parade)
- Hike Inspiration Point
- Watch the Sunrise on East Beach
- Go paddle boarding or kayaking
- Shop and eat down State Street (Blenders!)
- Go bar hopping to all the local breweries (Fig Mountain!)
- Eat pizza at Woodstocks in Isla Vista
- Eat brunch at The Belmond El Encanto
- Visit the danish town Solvang
- Gamble at Chumash Casino
- Eat on the beach at Shoreline Cafe
- Attend a concert or play at the Arlington or Lobero theatre
- Relax on Butterfly beach in Montecito
- See Oprah’s house and all the other beautiful homes in Montecito
- Take an outdoor fitness class
Thank you Santa Barbara for being a part of my life. Now on to the next chapter! Want to know where I’m moving to? Stay tuned and read my next blogposts about my next move. Comment below if you have any favorite places in SB I need to check out before I leave, or if you have any questions for me! XOXO