Today I got a compliment on my skin, which is rare because like most of us I wear makeup. (Just a FYI the featured image is not filtered #nofilter) Then I thought, well my makeup looks good because I have a nice and clear complexion. I wanted to share with you guys my skin care routine and what I do to keep my face flawless.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydrated skin is healthy skin! I usually use my lips as a judge for if I drank enough water that day, because they usually chap up when I’m dehydrated.
- Wash your face in the morning when you wake up. I start my day with Cetaphil for oily to normal skin. This works perfectly for removing oil and dirt and doesn’t dry my face out. They also have a face wash for normal skin.
- Take off your makeup before bed. I know sometimes we can get a little lazy but it is important to do so! I usually wipe my makeup off with Neutrogena face wipes and then use a soft scrub to exfoliate black heads.
- Depending on your skin type, moisturize. I like to use Aveeno daily moisturizer to moisturize the dry parts of my face, usually around my mouth and nose.
- For uneven skin or for dark spots I use Clinique Even Better serum. This is literally my favorite and works wonders!!
- Don’t touch your face. There are all sorts of oils and bacteria on your fingers! I don’t even like other people touching my face.
- Do not pop pimples. I know I love popping pimples it gives me an exciting rush. Buttttt my rule is only pop them if you can see the white puss that is about to erupt.
Everyone’s skin is different and I suggest doing research and figuring out what is best for your skin. My dermatologist recommended cetaphil a few years ago and I’ve used it ever since.
These are just a few tips and tricks that I use and they really help me! Of course now and then I’ll get pimples especially those time of the month chin pimples, but at the end of the day, pimples or not, you should love yourself for every flaw you do or don’t have. Your skin is beautiful and it shows when you’re confident in who you are!
What’s your skin routine? Have you used any products that really work for you? Do you have any skin problems that you need advice on? I want to know!